Friday, January 3, 2014

God's Blessing


Date:  2009 - Jan 2014

Reason:  The Missouri Star Quilt Company tutorial

Fabric:  RJR's Count Your Blessings charm pack - My grandma gave it to me for Christmas.

Lessons:  Don't tighten you fabric in a hoop so tightly that flannel seams fray out.  Yeah.

Thoughts:    This was started in 2007 when I first saw the tutorial.  Naturally a charm pack was perfect for trying the new technique.

I was a hand-quilter at this time - I think I must have tightened the quilt too much because some of the fabric frayed apart from the seam.  This annoyed me and into the closet it went.

This is the year of finishing stuff so out it came - I finished quilting it by machine and appliqued hearts over the frayed pieces.  A UFO bites the dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment