Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Kawaii Kitten

My daughter loves to draw.  It's a normal part of her every day.  When she showed me this simple kitten it just made sense to make it into a wall hanging.


We started by scanning and blowing up her original sketch.  The Small One chose fabric and I went to town using a combination of reverse applique and whole-cloth applique



After the major details were down my daughter drew all the smaller features back onto the face and I followed her lines with thread.


I like using a darning foot with a zig zag stitch while stitching left to right to make thick lines easily.


We are both very pleased with the result.


4 comments:

  1. Cute kitty! Great application of appliqué. I use triangle hanging corners , too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love triangle corner hangers - they are so easy!!

      Delete
  2. This is great! Congratulations, Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete