Thursday, February 22, 2018

Micah 6:8

This was a thank you gift to a pastor that took on the role as our speaker while our minister was on sabbatical.  *aside* have you any idea how hard it is to choose a verse for a pastor y'all!?


I started by printing the design I wanted to do.  A quilt sandwich was created and the papers were pinned to the sandwich.

Using a darning foot, I traced over the letters, tore the paper away and started colouring them in.


But I didn't like it.

So I started in with the fans.


But I really didn't like it, so I started in with the pebbles.


Have you ever heard the expression "throw more thread at it"?   It seemed to work this time around.

1 comment:

  1. Great job on your thread painted lettering and such a thoughtful gift for your paster!!

    ReplyDelete