Tuesday, February 2, 2016

The Eighties Called

Size:  46 x 54


Reason:  This is a quilt that I pieced together from blocks borrowed from MCC back in 2014.  I couldn't understand the layout of the blocks the original piecer was intending so many were ripped apart and resewn so that I could create something that made sense to me.


The lighter blue and the pink sashings were included with the project when it was first donated.


Fabric:  My MIL gave me a gorgeous cream sheet a while ago.  It was perfect for the back of this quilt. The leftover bits made the back fun.  The binding was bought for another project but ended up not working.  I'm pleased that it fits in so well here.


Thoughts:  I'm glad this is done.  I'm not a fan of pink and blue.  It's time to give the eighties back its colour scheme.  Other have told me they really like it so clearly it's not as bad as I think it is.

Mostly I quilted this from the back.  I wanted to mark the lines.  They showed better on the cream.  I put on my big girl panties and used a dark coloured thread that *gasp* shows.  Mistakes show up must faster when using contrasting thread.

Back to MCC it goes.  I'm not sure but this might be the last UFO that I borrowed from MCC.  I should ask for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment